In this rainbow mountain tour or the 7 colors mountain tour, we will have the opportunity to know one of the best destinations that you should visit before dying cataloged by the National Geographic, the rainbow mountain, dazzle yourself, and connect with nature in this tour that you cannot lose.
|Type of service||Shared|
|Start Location||Your Hotel in Cusco|
|Start Time||5:00 am|
|Tour Duration||1 Day|
This tour starts very early, so we must get ready one day before, first, we will pass by your hotel in Cusco between 04:00 and 04:30 am, so we can head south where our first point is located at approximately two hours until we arrive at the district of Cusipata – Paucarpata where we can have breakfast.
Cusipata Parking Station
After our delicious Andean breakfast we will continue our journey for another hour until we reach the checkpoint and start the walk
The hike that is uphill will take approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. During the hike we will observe the Andes mountain range and its impressive peaks and snow-capped mountains, as well as the flora and fauna, we will also have the opportunity to observe Llamas and Alpacas in their natural habitat.
Note: There is an option to rent horses which you can negotiate with the locals directly to make it easier.
Once we arrive at the Vinicunca or Mountain of Colors lookout point which is approximately 5080 meters above sea level, our guide will give us an explanation of the geographic composition, ecosystem, and color of the mountain, we will also be able to take souvenir photos and admire the beautiful landscape, then we will return by the same route to the point where we began the hike (Llaqto) where our transportation will be waiting to take us back to Cusipata.
After visiting this beautiful wonder we will enjoy lunch at Cusipata. After lunch, we will start the return trip to the city of Cusco, arriving between 5 and 6 in the afternoon. The last stop will be near the Plaza de Armas in Cusco.
- Entrance fee to the 7 colored mountain
- Transfers from Cusco to the starting point of the walk – round trip.
- Walking sticks.
- Assistance during the whole tour
- First Aid Equipment (Oxygen, Alcohol, Flowery water good for altitude).
- Professional English-Spanish guide.
- Buffet breakfast in Cusipata.
- Buffet lunch in Cusipata
- Hotel in Cusco.
- Horse rental.
We recommend that you take it with you:
- Rainwear or Poncho (if possible a change of clothes in case of rain)
- Wear warm clothes (The weather is often unpredictable, as it can rain or be very sunny at any time)
- Sandwiches: cookies, cereals, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for approximately $1.
- Hat or cap to protect from sun, rain, and cold.
- Camera, rolls, and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hiking shoes (hike/trekking).
- Water for the walk.
- Extra money
- Sun cream or moisturizer for face and body.
Rainbow Mountain Tour Map
Please zoom in on the map and click on the green buttons to see the pictures of the places that you will visit.